What are Storage buckets and user permissions UiPath
Even before I tell about storage buckets and user permissions in UiPath. let’s see some basic definitions of buckets.
What are Buckets?
- Buckets are the basic containers that hold your data.
- Everything that you store in Cloud Storage must be contained in a bucket.
- You can use buckets to organize your data and control access to your data, but unlike directories and folders, you cannot nest buckets.
Now you know about what are buckets let’s get into the topic.
What are storage buckets?
Storage buckets are used to provide a per-folder storage solution for RPA developers to leverage in creating automation projects (e.g. for a
Advantages of using storage buckets:
- It is created within the scope of given folder.
- It enables you to use fine grained permissions and role assignment models.
- It allows you to control access those storage buckets only to those users who needed it.
- Users with required permissions can perform different tasks like upload or download files.
What are different storage providers?
- Amazon S3
- Azure Storage (WASB)
In the community edition of orchestrator, you can find the below storage providers:
Different permissions for storage buckets?
There are four different types of permissions that are listed below:
Allows you to create new storage buckets or new files in that storage buckets.
Allows you to edit the existing storage buckets.
Allows you to access storage buckets and browse, download the files in storage buckets.
Allows you to delete the storage buckets and files from the storage buckets.
This is all about storage buckets and user permissions in the UiPath Orchestrator.