How to save a mail message to a folder using UiPath
While working with email automation sometimes we may need to save a mail message to a folder.
If there is a scenario where a particular mail item is processed by BOT then that mail item needs to be sent in an email again to the business team else don’t send an email.
In this task, we will see how to save mail messages to a folder, so that can be sent in an email to the business team.
In this article, let’s see how we can achieve this task using UiPath.
Let’s get into the practical implementation of this task:
Step1: Drag and Drop Get outlook mail message activity from activities panel to designer panel as shown below:
If you want to know more about the properties of Get outlook mail message activity click here.
Step2: Drag and Drop for each and inside that Drag and Drop save outlook mail message activity from activities panel to designer panel as shown below:
Note: If you don’t find save outlook mail message activity in your activities panel then go to manage packages and upgrade UiPath.Mail.Activities package to 1.10.5 version.
The required parameters for Save Outlook mail message activity are shown below:
- FileName – It is an optional property, if you want to rename the outlook mail message then you can provide the name here or it will save the mail message with subject of outlook mail message as file name.
- Folder – Provide the full path of the folder where you want to save the mail messages.
- MailMessage – Provide the outlook mail message variable here.
- ReplaceExisting – If the mail message is already saved to that folder then it will replace that with new mail message.
- Save as type – Choose in which format you to save the mail message.
There are six different types that you can choose from and those types are mentioned below:
- Text Only (*.txt)
- Outlook Template (*.oft)
- HTML (*.htm; *.html)
- MHT (*.mht)
- Outlook Message Format (*.msg)
- Outlook Message Format- Unicode (*.msg)
This is how you can save a mail item in different types to a folder using UiPath.